Thursday, March 1, 2012

B0N3$

My bones said to be tough. They told me to suck it up, get over it, move on, and plaster that deceiving little smile across my face. 
My bones told me to drink milk til my bones were unbreakable. So I drank, and I drank, and I drank, til my bones were indestructible. 
My bones said to not let anything effect me. Who cares if you're injured, just keep playin the game. 
My bones said people will hurt you again&again&again. Being vulnerable and open was pathetic. 
My bones said love was rare so don't hand it out like candy. 
My bones said to protect my heart, guard it with the unbreakable skin. They said to not let love in and not let love out. 
Don't let people hurt you. And if somehow they do, don't let them know what they accomplished. 
That's what my bones said. That. Is what my bones said. 

But I told my bones to shut up.

I told them love was the only cure. 
I told my bones that letting people hurt me was part of growing up. 
I told my bones that being strong didn't mean keeping thick walls around my heart, but holding my head high when those walls were pushed down. 
Let love in, let love out. 

Shut up, Bones.

2 comments:

  1. Really good! I think you say a lot of things that other people would be afraid to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, from the first sentence I fell in love. "...and plaster that deceiving little smile across my face." Also, "But I told my bones to shut up." just threw me off this whole train. "Shut up, Bones." I love the abussive relationship here...

    ReplyDelete